- To provide a patient with swallowing difficulties alternative formulation options, such as a flavoured liquid suspension, topical gel/cream, or suppository that would otherwise not be commercially available
- To avoid allergy or unwanted ingredients. For example: dyes, preservatives, lactose, gluten, etc…
- To add flavour to increase palatability.
- Adjust the strength of a medication to that desired by the patient and prescriber.
- To provide an arthritic patient with gastrointestinal problems with a topical pain preparation that gets absorbed through the skin. For example, Diclofenac 10% Gel.
Compounding for youmjspharmacy2019-04-02T13:49:13-07:00